Pixel is looking for a Development Manager to join the Managed Services Team in Portsmouth, NH. The Development team is responsible for all of the front and backend components, integrations and customizations of a clients e-commerce property. Managing, maintaining and growing these properties includes strategy, design planning and consulting sessions with both Pixel and Client constituents, from which the team is able to provide varying levels of services to complete markup, backend development, integration additions, customizations and site enhancements. Development is also a key partner in the exploration of enhanced analytics, digital marketing and conversion optimization to help grow revenue for Pixels customer base.
As the Development Manager at Pixel you will lead, manage, and inspire a growing team developing on the SFCC B2C platform and helping our clients meet their e-commerce goals. You’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by working alongside your team as a mentor. You’ll guide the team in terms of structure, roles and responsibilities, recruiting and on-boarding, and career development. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering results in a fast-paced services organization while also developing career frameworks, team structure and processes designed to help your team achieve their personal, professional and customer facing goals.
Core Project Responsibilities
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class enhancements
- Drive an exceptional customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework, development processes and career framework
- Provide technical and business leadership and guidance to your team and peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
- Manage resourcing and overall trafficking for the team so that they can maximize their utilization and productivity goals
- Keep projects within your team running smoothly and within scope
- Collaborate with constituents at Pixel and your Clients to prevent scope creep
- Coordinates technical reviews, mentorship gatherings and solutioning sessions
- Work to ensure that designs can be built within scope and time constraints
- Assist with pre-sales, scoping and quoting activities
- Be an overall leader on the team and within the company
- Maintain a hyper-accurate forecast of project hours, project revenue and resource needs
- Report on project and staff performance metrics during weekly practice meetings
- Collaborate with practice and account leads to confirm project assignments, ensuring skills and experience are aligned with project tasks
- Provide team members with formal feedback in order to support professional development and company performance goals
- Support punctual and accurate time and progress reporting against projects and tasks
- Contribute to quarterly and annual strategic account meetings
- Partner with account leadership to identify opportunities for new services within existing clients and engagements
- Stay up to speed on leading-edge ecommerce trends and best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of work experience in a development environment
- 3+ years of experience managing technical, development and/or engineering teams including hiring, performance management and career framework development
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a fantastic attention to detail
- Experience quoting projects that have come in within budget
- A love of learning, and a knack for keeping up with the latest industry trends
- Experience defining and executing on both time-and-materials and fixed-price contracts
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycles
- Solid understanding of experience design processes and deliverables
- Working understanding of analytics, performance statistics and search engine optimization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A Little More About Us
Based on the Pease Tradeport in Portsmouth, NH, PixelMEDIA is a digital commerce agency that helps our clients launch, manage, and grow their ecommerce business.
We’re a team of experts constantly striving to be the smartest digital commerce providers for lifestyle brands.
Our talented crew is made up of people who love to create, build, invent, produce and discover. We never stop searching for the best path for our clients—even if the journey is complex or seemingly hard to get to. That’s the difference between a mediocre, “just get it done” shop and an agency that gives a hoot, only resting when we’ve reached Pixel perfection.
We work, play and create together in the heart of Portsmouth, NH. Our home is part of what makes us who we are. Working in a beautiful, bustling, creative, best-food-ever kind of place that’s minutes to the beach and mountains makes our work/life balance as important as the work itself.
PixelMEDIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer