Even in a digital marketing landscape where brands put a major focus on social media, email marketing continues to be a powerful conduit to reach consumers in a place they have full control over: their inbox.
Since 1938, Kittery Trading Post (KTP) has been an institution for people shopping for brand name recreational gear, clothing, footwear and specialty gifts for the entire family. Their in-store experience is something to behold, and their online presence continues to be a destination point for those wanting to get the same great deals from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
One area KTP wanted to strengthen was their email marketing program. The marketing team knew there was value in their large list of subscribers, but they didn’t have the time to commit to develop it in the right way. Since PixelMEDIA (PXL) was already helping with ecommerce improvements and some other digital marketing initiatives, the Digital Marketing team was tapped to help restructure and revamp their email marketing program.
The goal: create a revenue-generating program that brought awareness to their brand and their products on a regular basis.
- PXL began by transitioning KTP’s email lists over to their partner, Mailchimp. The move made for easier overall email program management and analysis with better reporting and Google Analytics integration. It was also cost-effective with a feature set and uncomplicated user interface that KTP personnel could be trained on.
- PXL designed and developed a fully responsive email template with ten different interchangeable content sections, ranging from individual product listings, larger hero images, events, and more. Emails rendered the same across all browsers and mobile devices, and the various sections created flexibility for KTP to feature anything they wanted to.
- Prior to import, KTP had multiple lists that shared similar tendencies. PXL worked with KTP to map out a single email list approach and implemented segmentation, enabling KTP to send targeted product campaigns to those who opted in to receive them.
- A year post-launch, KTP exceeded their monthly revenue target for the program by 55%.
- The average open rate was 11.29% with a unique click-through rate of 11.46%, peaking at 15.26% and 19.28% respectively.
- PXL continues to work with KTP on developing new email campaigns, as well as ongoing strategy based on list growth, consistent revenue growth, and brand awareness.
PixelMEDIA worked with Kittery Trading Post to create a fully-formed email program that met all the goals they had prior to launch. They now have more insight than ever before as to what moves the needle with their highly segmented email list, as well as actionable insight on how they can improve the on-site experience for their users.