Senior UX Designer
Our UX Designers work directly with our clients to help them visualize and explore new ways of expressing their online brand. They work closely with clients, and closely with their internal partners in Architecture, Development and Digital Marketing to create a unified story that be executed throughout the experience. The ideal candidate will be a graphic design specialist versed in all facets of UX including information architecture, interaction design, content design, and for some – development.
As a Designer, you must understand the entire scope of the project, including development and digital marketing, along with having enough knowledge of the details and how they interact to give updates as needed and manage design expectations on a weekly basis. You must be fast. Hard working. A thought leader. A discoverer of new opportunities with every client conversation. Sound familiar? Keep reading.
- Work directly with lifestyle brands to produce award winning eCommerce experiences
- Draw on your creativity to design innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers and their business goals
- Collaborate with UX architects, developers and digital marketing partners to deliver solutions that present a complete design experience
- Make sure everything is beyond the clients’ expectations before they even get a peek
- Advocate for your team, making sure they feel motivated, excited and are working up to their potential
- Contribute to the creation of functional and business requirements, as needed
- Work directly with clients during working sessions and project status meetings. Be a team player. Everyone loves a team player
- Foster a long lasting, “trusted advisor” relationship with clients. They should come to you with their questions, hopes and ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a design related field
- At least 5 years as a legit design practitioner with agency experience
- Highly skilled design thinker with a comprehensive understanding of eCommerce systems and best practices
- Demonstrated experience managing your schedule and priorities
- Expert knowledge of design applications (Adobe Suite, Framer, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision)
- Expert knowledge of the project design and development life cycle
- Solid understanding of development processes and deliverables
- Working understanding of eCommerce fundamentals
- Working understanding of digital marketing practices (SEO, PPC, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in a design related field
- Extensive experience with leading eCommerce platforms (Demandware, Hybris, etc.)
- Extensive experience designing eCommerce projects in a client service environment
A bit about us
When it comes to excellence in user experience, our name says it all. We focus on the details, down to the last pixel, in a way that keeps our clients coming back for more.
Our talented crew is made up of people who love to create, build, invent, produce and discover. We never stop searching for the best path for our clients—even if the journey is complex or seemingly hard to get to. That’s the difference between a mediocre, “just get it done” shop and an agency that gives a hoot, only resting when we’ve reached that thing we want to tell our moms about.
We work, play and create together in the heart of Portsmouth, NH. Our home is part of what makes us who we are. Working in a beautiful, bustling, creative, best-food-ever kind of place that’s minutes to the beach and mountains makes our work/life balance as important as the work itself.
PixelMEDIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer