A bit about us
When it comes to excellence in user experience, our name says it all. We focus on the details, down to the last pixel, in a way that keeps our clients coming back for more.
Our talented crew is made up of people who love to create, build, invent, produce and discover. We never stop searching for the best path for our clients—even if the journey is complex or seemingly hard to get to. That’s the difference between a mediocre, “just get it done” shop and an agency that gives a hoot, only resting when we’ve reached that thing we want to tell our moms about.
We work, play and create together in the heart of Portsmouth, NH. Our home is part of what makes us who we are. Working in a beautiful, bustling, creative, best-food-ever kind of place that’s minutes to the beach and mountains makes our work/life balance as important as the work itself.
Our Project Managers make sure every task is done to perfection. Providing oversight for the delivery team on client engagements, Pixel PMs are responsible for the project from its inception through to final delivery and beyond. We rely on these leaders to make sure we have happy clients. We expect them to deliver projects on time and in budget, helping to develop, grow and support their team along the way. We hope you approach the PM position armed with best practices and the highest of industry standards, while leveraging our specific tools and methodologies to get the job done right.
As a PM, you must understand the entire scope of the project, including design and development, along with having enough knowledge of the technical details to give updates as needed and manage the team on a daily basis. As a challenge lover and a problem solver, you must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be fast. Hard working. A thought leader. A discoverer of new opportunities with every client conversation. Sound familiar? Keep reading.
Core Project Responsibilities
- Initiate and plan the approach of each project. Determine how we’re going to “get there” within the constraints of timing, budget and client expectations
- Drive detailed estimates, work breakdown and planning in order to create wickedly accurate project plans and detailed project tracking
- Build your ultimate team by leveraging internal and contract talent, achieving the perfect combination of expertise and skills
- Identify, quantify and manage risk at all times. It’s up to you to monitor and control project scope, schedule and cost throughout the project lifecycle
- Oversee and lead day-to-day project operations. You’re both the person who keeps things on track and the technical delivery expert on the project team
- Make sure everything is beyond the clients’ expectations before they even get a peek
- Advocate for your team, making sure they feel motivated, excited and are working up to their potential
- Contribute to the creation of functional and business requirements, as needed
- Facilitate client working sessions and project status meetings. Be a team player. Everyone loves a team player
- Foster a long lasting, “trusted advisor” relationship with clients. They should come to you when something’s wrong and be taking you out to celebrate when it’s right
- Maintain a hyper accurate forecast of project hours, project revenue and resource needs
- Report on project performance metrics during weekly PM practice meetings (Remember that hyper accurate talk in the bullet above)
- Collaborate with our practice directors to confirm project assignments, ensuring skills and experience are aligned with project tasks
- Provide team members with formal feedback in order to support professional development and company performance goals. After all, everyone needs a pat on the back or a push in the right direction
- Support punctual and, yes, hyper accurate time reporting for your project team
- Contribute to quarterly and annual strategic account meetings. We make them more fun than your average account meeting
- Partner with account leadership to identify opportunities for new services within existing client engagements. We prefer to grow the clients we’ve got
- Stay up to speed on leading-edge ecommerce platforms and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of interactive agency, or systems integration consulting experience, with at least 3 years of experience as a project manager
- Demonstrated experience managing digital delivery teams of 5+ resources
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Working understanding of ecommerce fundamentals
- Experience defining and executing time-and-materials and fixed-price contracts
- Highly Proficient with MS Office and MS Project, or equivalent (Omniplan, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycles
- Solid understanding of user experience and visual design processes and deliverables
- Working understanding of digital marketing practices (SEO, PPC, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management certification (PMP, CSM, etc.)
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
- Extensive, recent experience with leading ecommerce platforms (Demandware, Hybris, etc.)
- Extensive experience managing B2C and B2B ecommerce projects in a client service environment
PixelMEDIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer